Justfab.com 2 for 39.95
So the birthday festivities are officially over and around this time is when I can start worrying about all my summer activities. This year is going to be a little different because I am adding a challenge for myself. The past few months I had been experiencing some major break outs due to my VERY unhealthy diet and my stressful work hours. I already have large pores so that and speed bumps on my face just look like a an old worn out street. I was packing on the pounds of makeup to try to help cover up some of the break outs but failed miserably. This is a new twist in events because I hadn’t suffered from bad breakouts in years. Even during college when I really got into makeup I still didn’t have a problem with it. Now this is just going to be my own detox routine that I put together that is realistic to me and my lifestyle. I am super busy running between jobs and lack a lot of much needed sleep so I came up with this to help be a little more healthy but mainly to help repair my skin. So you can join in or just follow along with me to see my results. Here are the steps I’ll be taking gradually over the next 30 days:
Step 1: Finish the junk food in my house. Lets be honest, there’s no way I am going to be able to stop cold turkey, so I gave myself the first two days to finish up the bag of hot fries and the cherry coke I had in my house to officially kick this thing off.
Step 2: Increase in water intake. This was a no brain-er. I recently picked up this massive water jug from Ross and began using it about a week and a half ago and it was so crazy how my skin has evened out just from drinking more water. To gradually work into this routine I’m giving myself one week to finish 1 full bottle of water (half a gallon) and by week three finishing 2 full bottles (1 gallon). Even if I forget my large jug somewhere I have smaller bottles that I keep at work that I could refill as well as I buy cases of bottled water that I have at home. So the point is I have no excuses.
Step 3: Opting for a lighter, extremely lighter, make-up routine. This is scary for me because my skin can be unpredictable so even if I have a clear complexion one day, how do I know it will be the next day. This will be something I will have to follow day by day but for now my make up routine will consist of: BB cream, sheer shimmer face cream, liquid eyeliner, mascara and which ever lipstick, lip gloss or stain I choose for the day. Tutorial in the process.
Step 4: Opt for a more stern skin care routine. I have bought some products to try out for my skin care to go along with products I have already been using. In the next 30 days I will be sure to wash my face in the morning and evening no matter what! I have to say this because I work long days and sometimes I am tempted to just take a make up remover wipe, do the bare minimum and go to sleep. You have to remember that even if you don’t wear make up it is still important to wash your face.
Step 5: Changing my diet. This is a big one for me because I am known for my quick, unhealthy, snacks. Chips, sodas, candy and ice cream are the things that make me happy…Lol, yes sad I know but these are the convenient things that surround me on a day to day basis. So to help with this overall detox I am changing up my eating habits. This means no fast food, dining out or take out; I am only drinking water, orange juice, cranberry juice and tea; I am going to do my weekly detox clay wraps and I am taking my vitamin supplements which include multiple things. I went to the grocery store to stock up on things to snack on and make for lunch that I keep in the fridge at work so that it is convenient, yet still filling.
This is just a brief look into my detox routine. For the next month I am going to go into detail about each step and the progress I have made for my skin and just the habits over all. There is argument over how long it takes to make or break a habit so I decided to start with 30 days and see where it takes me. I am well into step one and two so definitely look out for the follow up posts to follow. And again feel free to join in and let me know how everything turns out for you.
1. I’m not to old for crop tops and high high heels….Hopefully you agree.
2. There’s still time for grad school and Ph.D before 30…applications pending.
3. I don’t have children…who knows in a couple years…maybe.
4. Hopefully the myth about lower auto insurance is true…is it?
5. This is another year to travel…Paris?
6. I can retire at 55…Thank you county job.
7. I am a 90s baby…All That, That’s So Raven, Saturday morning cartoons, we actually went outside and played…should I keep going?
8. I am not the only unmarried friend…Although I am fully prepared to be.
9. I have yet to find a reason not to be excited about turning 25…this was my pause in thought while I was drafting this post.
10. I still have my grandparents….The older I get the more I want to go to them for advice and I’m so lucky to have them around.
11. I’ll be single at 25…sounds like a fun reality show.
12. Paying my student loans isn’t a headache…but it is still a love/hate relationship.
13. I’ve made amends with people that have hurt me….I couldn’t move forward in life holding grudges.
14. I’m doing something I love…From working in public service to blogging, I made it a point to pursue what I love to do.
15. I’ve finally gone through puberty…it wasn’t looking good for a moment.
16. I can still enjoy Disney movies with out having to justify it….you’re never to old for Disney.
17. I’ve recognized, recovered and relapsed from an addiction…Shoes, all I think about is shoes.
18. This could be the year I fall in love….with something other than shoes (I said something and not someone on purpose)
19. I have an amazing group of friends…we all live so far away but love each other no matter what!
20. I am old enough to have had Myspace, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram….who knows what else they will come up with.
21. This is another year to add to my bucket list…Front row tickets to Bruno Mars is still in the works!
22. I am not at a dead end job…this is a scary job market and I am so lucky with the my opportunities given to me.
23. I can go shopping for a birthday outfit…duh!
24. I don’t have any regrets….could I have done some things differently, of course but I would have never learned anything the easy way.
25. I made it to 25.
Life will make you smile, laugh, cry, scream, hurt you, and surprise you but there’s nothing greater than sitting back and realizing that you went through all these experiences or rather was fortunate enough to go through all these experiences on each day that was rewarded to you. Cheers to all my April babies and here’s to turning another day. Make a wish! #To25more